Thursday, March 09, 2006

a little something

was sitting at my desk yesterday and a colleague of mine comes with a bunch of roses. 'take one, a little something to brighten your day' he said. I was very surprised. I picked one and thanked him. I had thought that someone had given him a bunch of roses for some reason of other and he decided to distribute it among the girls. that actually happened a few times at my workplace. it was only later that someone told me that it was women's day. how cool is that? apparently it is still an official holiday in russia and other eastern european countries. women's day. a flower for each girl. it was a small gesture but it really did brighten up my day. it bloomed a little more today and it just looks great. I suppose having these type of days can be a good thing.

but of course when it comes to valentine's day, mother's day, father's day, it is still a nice day to do something special for someone special. but it feels a 100% different from what I felt yesterday because yesterday was completely unexpected. on valentine's, mother's day, father's day etc., you could do something but it is sort of expected. getting the flowers yesterday is like getting an unexpected package in the mail. this makes me think that I should send my friends and loved ones something small sometimes without needing a reason. maybe something like nice teabags, or flowers!! hopefully this won't turn out to be all talk!! heh!

posted under not enough coffee

6 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazingly, i come across to your blog. i hope you won't stop blogging.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger hafidz5123 said...

hey..nice bl0g..keep it up k..XD

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wanna say hai...

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was really bosan
then i google search the word 'bosan'
n i found ur blog. haha

 
At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too..... found this blog through googling the word bosan... LOLZ

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too,,haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home