Thursday, December 15, 2005

linz to the finish!

so the linz family won. I was rooting more for the bransens in the end. but I guess it's all fair since the linzes still have their backpacks while the other 2 teams are carrying plastic bags. somehow, curling doesn't look so hard. heh! but that bata shoe museum was surprising. not just because it sounds so ridiculous. trying to find 2 women out of 200?? at least that's what I understood from the clue. sounds like madness. anyway, it was also surprising because bata is a commonplace shoe brand in malaysia. I walked through numerous bata shoes and slippers as a kid. it's like keds over here. I remember being surprised too when I read somewhere that you see broken bata slippers scattered in the streets of haiti. that was when I first thought that bata isn't just a malaysian company. the bata shoes in malaysia are made in malaysia. that's why I assumed it's something malaysian. but I suppose the word bata doesn't sound particularly malaysian. the bata malaysia website states that bata was founded by tomas bata in czechoslovakia. so that's where it all started. still it was nice to see the bata shoe museum. it's like seeing someone eating rojak or some other malaysian snack on tv. hmm... reminds me of the slices of mengkuang or pineapple perched on 3 toothpicks, topped with heh kor and sprinkled with chopped peanuts. yumm!!!

anyway, back to the amazing race. the weavers remained kooky until the end. it's like they are from some alternate universe. how they simply fail to understand why the other teams hate them. like duh! because you're freaks, that's why! gets on my nerves to hear them whine about how everyone else is mean to them. puhleezzzz!!

unfortunately I was too engrossed in the race that I forgot to check phil out. huh? why check phil out, you say. well.... because I've had 3 different visitors coming over to check out what I've written about his 'huge bulge'. wtf??!! no, I have not written anything about it because I've never noticed it. but I made a mental note that I absolutely have to check it out on the next episode. but I totally forgot!!!!! aarrgghhhhh!! now I'll never know. tsk tsk. so have you noticed it???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home